Saturday, October 02, 2004

Alicia Keys dazzles Malaysian fans



KUALA LUMPUR: Grammy Award winner Alicia Keys provided the rhythm that thrilled thousands of her fans at her Absolute R&B concert at Stadium Negara last night.
Throughout the hour-long show, she had the crowd singing along with her hits from her 2001 debut album, the Grammy-winning Songs In ‘A’ Minor, and those from her latest album, Diary of Alicia Keys.
The concert opened with local R&B talent Reshmonu rendering his famous numbers such as It’s You That Matters and Like This.
The crowd was all ready when Keys took over the stage.
The 23-year-old songwriter and producer sang and played the piano as well.
Some of the crowd's favourite hits were 2001 Song of the Year Fallin’, A Woman’s Worth, You Don’t Know My Name and If I Ain’t Got You.
The fans broke into wild cheers when she sang Fallin’ and If I Ain’t Got You.
Keys flew here on Thursday for the concert, part of the Asian leg of her worldwide tour.
She will also be performing in Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Thailand and the Philippines.
In an interview with The Star earlier, Keys said having to be on the go all the time has not affected her much.
“It’s all about living in the moment for me nowadays. I’ve learnt how to pace myself properly, take things step by step,” she said.
“There were many times when I felt I couldn’t go on any more, when I dread the thought of having to do interviews and photo shoots,” she said.

Mi and Yvonne went da concert too..wat a amazing concert i eva seen..especially when Alicia plays piano...its really an unforgetable night to mi...

No comments: