Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ta Ta For Now - Sam Media

Dear fellow colleagues,

It is with mixed emotions that I send this email. I just left a bunch of wonderful, colourful, loud, boisterous team members. It is with a heavy heart that I will leave here.

I feel blessed to have to get to know each and every one of these people, share laughter and tears (not mine), and the support and guidance given are honestly, beyond compare. We go through the ups and downs of life together – just like a real family does. That experience is priceless.

But moving on, hoping the grass will be really greener is always on everyone's mind, I guess. So here's me writing this email to bid all of you "Ta Ta For Now" in search of the greener pasture. :P

I would especially like to thank Marnix : Boss, over the 3 years 11 mths, you have taught me more than I could ever ask for and, in most cases, ever did ask for. Your demands were high and your patience short, but I take great solace knowing that my work was, as stated on my annual review, “mostly satisfactory.” 

To those souls with whom I’ve actually interacted, here are my personalized notes of farewell:

Alexis : Thanks for hiring me and given me the opportunity to work and grow in Sam together. I’ve learned a lot and have a lot of good time here. Hope to see you again!
Robert : You are a good leader and I’m glad to work with you although we do not speak to each other much.
Mary : Thanks for arranging Jelly cake on birthday! Really touched! I remember the time we having lunch in super small group and you like the Chinese food stall. Time flies and you already mother of 2 kids but your wedding ceremony is just like a mirror reflection in my mind now.  Thanks for everything!

Marketing Team
Isma : It’s nice to be your colleague and thanks for sharing info all these years.
Salma : You’re a wonderful colleague although we didn’t talk much but I like the way you asked me “ Alice, you not going home?” Or “ Alice, you going off now?”haha..
Matthias : My apologize of not being patience enough when you having question. I’m just too bz on the handover. Forgive ok?
Amanda : I like your accuracy! I know you can handle well at Sam Media.
Carene : Gal, Thanks for your lovely gift! I’m touched. As I said, we talked the most during office hours over the years. Be confident and focus with your work and directions, you have my supports!!

Online Marketing Team
Monica : You are a wonderful colleague who have taught me so many things directly or indirectly. Please call me lunch ok?
Max : Your motivation drives me crazy. I hate to see your message early morning in Skype but I know I am going to miss it so much!
Dawn : FFK friend! Haha.. I live your laugh.. - Be rational – (we both understand what is it) haha..
Awan : Twin sista of Max, it’s nice to be your colleague!
Jeff : I will not forget you got me birthday pressie on the first birthday in Sam Media. The times we car pool. Lastly, I am happy for you that you finally get your dream came true. You’re with Online Marketing team now! Best of Lucks!!

Design Team
Hui Yee : Congratulations on the arrival on your bundle of joy. I missed the chance to see you on my last day but we will meet again for lunch k. Thanks for your support all the time.
Khong : Thanks for buying me McDonald’s breakfast all these years! I always remember the comic drawing with RED hair you drew me in years ago. Signature of mine. :P
July : Finally we no longer to colleague. Perhaps we can be friend now? Haha.. I know I gonna miss your massages, pillow and YOU! Thanks for teaching me Photoshop!
Jean/Inn : Canto/ Mandarin gals. I always need to swap my language when I talking to both of you.
Lee : Really appreciate that you always being nice to me when I had request from u.
Alvin : You are a nice and helpful guy. I love the video you help me on my friend wedding!
Tay : Ever since we stopped TVC, we have not dealing much at work but nice working with you.

Contents Team:
Yani/Adi/ Nana : I love working with you all. You are the best content team I met so far!

IT Team: (Back in 2008, IT is just a small team and we only have 2 IT people > Jacky and Jeffery and now the IT team has been grown up to 20++ staffs. Wow~)
Jacky : Thanks for supporting me when I have hard time at work. Good that you finally improve your drinking skill. I will never forget how you drunk with one pint of Kilkenny in Irish bar 3 years ago. Haha..
Khew : Thanks for sharing your IT knowledge with me. Please be more patience when explaining k. I’m sorry for asking WHY WHY WHY always.  Btw, all the best for the new venture!
Kok Wing : The silence one. Remember to buy me McDonald Happy meal toy! I want Hamburglar! lolx
Makesan : You still owe me the CLUB sessions which you promised 2 years ago. Mist Club still exist?? lolx Btw, all the best for the new venture!
Kannan : Thanks for everything. I know I am the stupidest one even Recycle Bin I can removed from my pc! I will call you when I need to buy Saree again!
Callista : Please follow me watch more Cantonese movies so you can improve your Chinese. lolx
CheeV : What a coincidentally? We know each other in Redang, saw you are the mutual friend between July and I and we become colleague! Hope to see you again!
Grace : Shan Shan mui mui… Happie belated birthday! Remember do not shout with my Chinese name if you see me in public k. lolx.
CC : Good ‘tea mate’ although the time is short but really had good time!
Suhaimi, Rizzal, Farizul bieber, Efendi, Khairul, Jefry, Din, Razimi : I love the stories when we bump into each other during breakfast/ tea time. Especially Rizzal, Efendi and Din. I will never forget how you guys explained to me how to married 4 wife?! Whahaha.. Also something I really don’t know. My apologies for not speaking good Bahasa.

My lunch group of members (you know who you are!) – We seen each other grow through ups and downs. Some of us got our hair shorten, longer, cut, curled and colored ... some of us added new spice in life, removed some qualms ... but what made us special is that we are randomly different individuals who find similarity in our friendship

And finally, to JC: How can I missed out as everyone know you are my best friend within Sam Media. We have so many nick names here..e.g. Chopstick Sista, Ribena Sista? Lolx Our friendship is the most graceful thing I’ve in Sam Media and you were right, I need more time on this email. :p

I will never forget the wonderful experiences and challenges we have shared and gone through.

I wish all of you nothing but the best and I do hope our paths will cross again.

2 comments:

wai wai said...

pls dont forget me also...miss the old day our ching ching grp in sam media...and do look for me and hang out...we can be fren with july now LOX.....

wai wai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.